For journalists, there are a few books and titles that have become indispensable. These include:
- The Elements of Journalism: What Newspeople Should Know and the Public Should Expect, by Bill Kovach and Tom Rosenstiel. Used by many journalism schools, and its nine elements are often cited.
- Writing About Business – The New Columbia Knight-Bagehot Guide to Economics & Business Journalism, edited by Terri Thompson.
- Designing Infographics, by Eric K. Meyer.
- We the Media, by Dan Gillmor.
- We Media: How audiences are shaping the future of news and information, by Shayne Bowman and Chris Willis; edited by J.D. Lasica.
- The Newspaper Designer’s Handbook, by Tim Harrower.
- The AP Stylebook, The Associated Press, annual
- The Economist Style Guide, The Economist, June 12, 2003