This is an international journalism wiki -- that means you can edit right now. Be bold and edit!
We aim to serve the public as an online community and resource for improving journalism, journalists' lives and citizens' understanding of journalism. We hope you'll join us.
You can discuss things at the Watercooler. Also see the general Wikia tutorial and help category.
Journalists and our industry are facing a lot of changes. We can work together to deal with them.
Ideally, this site will become more of a conversation.
If you'd like to get a critique or feedback, let us know at the Community Portal.
How you can help
- Please join the discussion at Journawiki:Community Portal. You can also make any questions or suggestions there.
- You can add relevant links.
- Most of the pages in Category:U.S. newspapers, by state, need work.
- You can add to Best of the Web -- noteworthy examples that news sites or journalists could learn from. Maybe I should have given it a different title, and we could collect bad examples also.
- More complex, more work, but more value -- working on research, standards, ethics and evaluations, etc. We could make a difference.
You can also make a new page using the box and button immediately below. You can write about anything relevant to journalism.
- Awards | Basics | Canada | Jobs | Media | Newspapers | Organizations | Standards | U.S. newspapers | Web sites
- Basics --
Basics of journalism | Jobs | Journalism overview | Glossary | Reporting
- Fields --
Genres | Jobs | Online journalism | Reporting
- Newspapers --
Newspaper chains | Newspaper circulation | Newspapers | Newspaper Web sites
- Regional information --
Regional information | U.S. newspapers, by state
- Standards --
Ethics | Ethics codes | Standards
- Language --
Glossary | Stylebook
- Miscellaneous --
Business OF journalism | Citizens information | Knight News Challenge | Legal status | Links | Organizations
Please note that the purpose of the journalism wiki is to write about journalism, not to report news. If you would like to do the latter, the Wikinews project is a more appropriate place.
If the content is specifically useful to citizen journalists and appropriate on Wikinews, please put it there and add an interwiki link from Journawiki.